Author Topic: Will nootropics return my ‘’edge’’?  (Read 1593 times)

LowBorn

Will nootropics return my ‘’edge’’?
« on: August 06, 2016, 03:29:42 AM »
Hi, I’ve been looking around for what i could do to boost my ‘’brain output’’ because i feel like i have lost the edge…
You see i am quite active and always hustling to create my own business (manufacturing technical products) and i have been at it for quite a while. At first i could work relentlessly but i started slipping up. My caffeine consumption was (i backed off now) already past safe limits so i’m looking for something else.

I’ve heard about nootropics and they seemed like a good idea but then i’ve heard about all the possible side effects…
Doing research on the internet did not give me much useful information to go on with. Most sites seem to be duplicates of each other and are completely biased as they all sell one nootropic or another. Of the most use seemed this page http://overclockingthebrain.com/what-are-nootropics/ as the ‘’how nootropics work’’ section seems the most realistic and physiologically sensible. But still it feels like their content is biased.
Can you please tell me if these things are safe (by your experience) and what would you recommend to buy? I keep reading that modafinil has great effect but i also keep reading about many warnings associated with it (seizures, aneurysms, etc).
How about something more ‘’natural’’ like Alpha brain - would it be a safe/good starting point?

I am not looking into this for long term use, just for a few months to get me through the most intense periods.
(p.s. whatever nootropic i end up going with i will need to import as nothing is available locally, so this might limit my choices a bit)

Thank you, insights are greatly appreciated and i am much obliged for it :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:34:31 AM by LowBorn »

Peak Nootropics

• Administrator
  • Welcome to the Community!
Re: Will nootropics return my ‘’edge’’?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »
Hi Lowborn,

Start with a racetam like piracetam or noopept and then gauge from there. AB is good but not near the effectiveness of racetams. Try one and see your results. They are very subtle but i can attest they do work. Modafinil is more of a wakefulness drug without the stimulant edge. I find it is great for focus, socializing etc. but not so much my memory
"History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes"
Samuel Clemens

LowBorn

Re: Will nootropics return my ‘’edge’’?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 05:25:40 AM »
Thank you, noopept seems interesting. I'll try it  :D

appearplync

Will nootropics return my ‘’edge’’
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »
For the past year or so I've had no appetite. I can easily go the whole day eating nothing and not feel the slightest bit of hunger.

I'm sure I shall be on HD shortly. Can anyone tell me if my appetite will return when I start dialysis?