Author Topic: Nootropics  (Read 3710 times)

Harris96

Nootropics
« on: December 10, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
I will tell you that for some time I'm in the world of nootropics, research in this exciting world, and I think we are what we eat and we put our body and if something is true, is that nature and science have taught us is that there are all substances, some bad, some harmful, but it is ours we draw the benefit of each.

Before documenting any nootropic as the best as Alpha Brain, the worst or those who are merely pure placebos, we must first ask, a nootropic and that is what really makes our brain level.

Are only those that have an effect on memory or attention that nootropics really be considered as such.

Think before you give a general opinion, we should look at the things we want to achieve and what are the effects that each of these substances have on every part of our cognitive abilities.

Which generally I have cataloged based on information found on forums and people who have already tucked into one theme in enhancing memory.

Those time to have an effect on attention and concentration,

Effect to reduce anxiety,

And those that have an effect on our motivation and humor.

Peak Nootropics

• Administrator
  • Welcome to the Community!
Re: Nootropics
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »
Hi Harris96,

Welcome to the forum. First, id like to ask a few questions. What are you using now, only Alpha Brain? AB is a solid product but won't come close to  good racetam stack. It is really hard to make a recommendation without knowing a little more. Generally, most start out with a simple racetam like piracetam or noopept (non racetam technically). The reason I say this is everyone is different.

I hate to see people waste money before starting small. For instance, many of our customers purchase $150-$500 stacks then decide they don't like multiple products in the stack. We usually refund but it is a pain for both parties. So just start small, titrate your dose slowly and find what works best. Then, you can start adding products as you feel more comfortable.

I think a Noopept, Aniracetam stack with Alpha GPC would be a great one for you. This is supposed to be good for anxiety and mental function. Might even want to throw a little Oxiracetam in there once things get going.

So basically, start with Noopept, Aniracetam and GPC. If you can't afford it, trying dropping the GPC

- Peak Nootropics
"History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes"
Samuel Clemens

newdawnherbals

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 01:34:04 PM »
Hey Harris96, and welcome to the Peak Nootropics forum! I got my first start in nootropics using a product similar to AlphaBrain (this was about a decade ago and must have forgotten to take my hydergine today because I can't recall the name lol). Like Peak was saying, AB is def not a bunk product, but I agree that, especially for beginner's it's a good idea to start slow and simple with a basic racetam + good choline source.

Most people start with piracetam, but once again I'd defer to Peak on this one recommending aniracetam. Noopept has been anecdotally mentioned as an anxiolytic with some antidepressant qualities (it's behavior is actually similar to wellbutrin in that it's a mild NDRI, norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor).

It's important to try something for a couple weeks without adding anything that could affect the experience so you can personally gauge how it's going to work for you. It's a good idea to record subjective notes as well (you could keep a journal about doses, times, subjective effects like mood and motivation and objective effects that can be recorded through cognitive tracking apps, dual n-back performance, etc.).

GPC in my opinion is the best choline source (and my favorite, it's not only good for amping up the mind but speeds endurance and recovery and physical strength as well) but choline bitartate is not a bad option and MUCH cheaper. That said, choline (for some people) is not necessary when supplementing with cholinergics. I recommend it though because most people are choline deficient in their diet WITHOUT upmodulating acetylcholine production.

But yes, tell us more about your personal experience with nootropics and the areas you're working on enhancing or improving and that may make offering recommendations easier.

You might find these stories from the Peak blog interesting by the way. I wrote the one on Aniracetam and it's metabolites ;)

http://peaknootropics.com/aniracetam-and-its-metabolites/
http://peaknootropics.com/top-3-anxiolytic-anti-anxiety-nootropics/

Harris96

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »
lol you are forgetting the name of your dosage with alpha brain ( bad expereince). But It helped me to remind all like stuff. Sorry I am sure I did not make a sense.  ;D I am philiphions and english is not my first language. ::)

newdawnherbals

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
No worries at all Harris, your English is actually pretty decent. I was actually making a reference to an old joke I remember reading about when I first started studying nootropics nearly a decade and a half ago, "Ooops, I forgot to take my hydergine today." Hydergine was an early nootropic developed by Albert Hoffman at Sandoz laboratories. The problem with it was you didn't get much benefit until you'd taken it daily for at least a month or so and if you missed a dose you had to start at square one lol.

http://science.slashdot.org/story/99/09/14/1524258/withered-brain-cells-restored-in-monkeys-anyway

We've come a long way since then luckily! Once again though, welcome to the board glad to have you and Happy New Year!

zBestKratom

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 05:22:04 AM »
Hey everyone, I just joined the forum a few minutes ago, and am completely lost. What exactly is a nootrophic?

Peak Nootropics

• Administrator
  • Welcome to the Community!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 06:51:26 PM »
A nootropic is a brain enhancing supplement or drug. It should be non-addictive and offer either a) cognitive enhancement b) neuro-protection or c) both. If you have any other questions just post here :)
"History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes"
Samuel Clemens