Author Topic: Noob needing advice  (Read 1312 times)

Chryslace2

Noob needing advice
« on: April 25, 2016, 01:45:31 PM »
OK, here is a quick history. I was born with Bipolar Disorder and ADHD and insomnia. Because of an abusive childhood I also suffer from PTSD with major panic attacks. I am currently on Zoloft, Geodon, Mirtazapine and Ritalin just to try and function like a "normal" person. My wish is to get off all meds though it scares me to death. I have tried suicide 6 times since I was 8 yo (now 32.) My son, 10 years old, also inherited ADHD and Bipolar Disorder from me as well and he is on Guanfacine. I'm not sure what to try and stack for myself. My hope is to also have another baby at some point but not while I'm on these meds. Also, can my son try anything to help him. The Guanfacine does little to help and it makes him tired and not want to eat. It breaks my heart. Any and all advice will be very helpful!

Peak Nootropics

• Administrator
  • Welcome to the Community!
Re: Noob needing advice
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
Have you considered tianeptine (its still an AD and should not be mixed with other drugs). Also phenibut for sleep could work well just not everyday as it can be addictive. I also heard of  a herb called kratom that has helped people with severe anxiety and insomnia.

Please keep in mind we are not doctors here. Please always consult a doctor before starting or mixing meds. Im just trying to be helpful. Research everything before you do it and know all the warnings.

I am very sorry to hear about your situation and hope things look up for you soon. A good therapist can also help get to the root of the psychological problems.

-Kal
"History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes"
Samuel Clemens